Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seville…or as the locals say, Sevilla!




I am here in Seville…sorry I haven’t updated in a while but the Internet here has been very unreliable. So I have a few posts and pics to fill you in on everything. Seville is beautiful, in an ancient city type of way. And when you walk down the main streets you feel like you are on a movie set in a film studio’s back lot. I had to laugh as I was thinking that on our first walking tour we ran into a huge mob and in the middle was a bunch of Star Wars junkies dressed as storm troopers and Darth Vader…only in Europe would people walk the street dressed head to toe in costumes. I also learned that a part of Star Wars Episode II was filmed in Seville in the Plaza de España…once I actually find it I will post a pic. There are also some pics of me and La Giralda at night. We had a roof top welcome reception with this splendid view…the perfect way to start my time in Seville.

No comments:

Post a Comment