Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Real Alcazar






Day two meant another walking tour of Seville but this time we focused our attention and time on the Alcazar. It is an extravagant palace, which is the oldest still inhabited royal palace in the world…meaning the Spanish Monarch still lives in the palace when they are in town. Oh and R. Alcazar does not stand for Royal Alcazar…I was corrected by the tour guide, it stands for Real Alcazar, which sounds more like a Spanish soccer team to me. The palace is extremely large, spanning several acres, and after 3 hours we still had not seen all of its lovely treasures…but our attention span was shot by hour 2 so the guide decided to wrap it up by hour 3. As you can see the place is magnificent, words cannot describe the beauty and detail of the architectural design. Here are a few pics…oh and yes I made it to “El Patio de las Muñecas”; I talked about that in an earlier blog and I found the doll faces. My advice when you visit, don’t look so high for the faces, they are easier to find then you expect. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment